Occupational Health Services
Occupational Health assesses the effects of work on health and health on work. The main aim is to prevent ill health.
Dr Simon Kemp trained in Occupational Medicine and worked full time in this specialty for 6 years (1993 - 1999) attaining the qualification of AFOM (Associate of the Faculty of Occupational Medicine).
The scope of Occupational Health Services can include:
- Undertake appropriate health surveillance initiatives e.g. audiometry, lung function tests etc.
- Fit for work management referral assessments. This provides managers with a specialist referral service that will assist them in managing a variety of health related problems in the workplace. A consultation request form (click here) should be completed by the manager or Human Resources Department prior to the employee being examined by the Occupational Physician
- Occupational Physician Consultancy work. This includes advice on various occupational health matters e.g. workplace assessments, advice on policies such as sickness absence, alcohol and substance abuse, development of a company specific health improvement plan etc
- Pre Employment Fitness to work assessments
- Development of Health Promotion initiatives
- Provide lectures/training on various occupational health subjects
Occupational Health Service Fees
|New Management Referral||£150||No||£150|
|Review Management Referral||£100||No||£100|
|D4 DVLA driving license (HGV and Bus examination)||£100||Yes||£120|
|ML5 Seafaring Examination||£100||Yes||£120|
|ENG 1 Seafaring Examination||£105||No||£105|
|Offshore Medical Examination||£150||Yes||£180|
|HIV test (for travel)||£50||Yes||£60|
|CAA basic medical||£100||Yes||£120|
|CAA blood test||£50||Yes||£60|
|CAA ECG and Reporting||£100||Yes||£120|
|Non-evidential Drug Test||£50||Yes||£60|